Thursday, August 20, 2009

D.J. Recipes

Praline Grahams (Southern Living Recipe)
12 Whole regular graham crackers (I use Nabisco Honey Maid, you can also use choc. Graham crackers)
¾ c. butter
½ sugar
1 c. chopped pecans

I put 12 graham crackers on a cookie sheet. Melt butter, stir in sugar and pecans. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly (now I turn the oven on to 300 degrees) cook 5 min. remove from heat and spread over graham crackers. Bake in oven for 8 minutes.


Bok Choy Salad (Submitted by a reader in Marco Island, FL, Southern Living magazine)
3oz pkg ramen noodle soup mix, any kind
1/3 c. sunflower seeds
3 tbl slivered almonds, chopped
½ c. sugar
¼ c. olive oil
¼ c. cider vinegar
2 tbl soy sauce
1 boy choy, shredded
6 greeen onions, chopped

REMOVE flavor packets from soup mix; reserve for another use. Crumble noodles. (I put in a Ziploc and smash)
COMBINE noodles, sunflower seeds, and almonds. Spread on a 15x10 jellyroll pan.
BAKE at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown; set aside.
BRING sugar and next 3 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over med. Heat. Remove from heat, cool.
PLACE bok choy and green onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with sugar mixture. Add ramen noodle mixture, tossing well.

P.S. *Tip for the day - I have a small 2 speed Black & Decker chopper that I ALWAYS use. I buy my nuts in bulk at Costco, I store them in the freezer and chop them as I need them. It’s my one appliance I couldn’t live without J

No comments:

Post a Comment